Richard Yoakley School Beliefs
- We believe that the student, family, school, and community should be an ongoing partnership that is responsible for the learning environment.
- We believe that the partnership should provide an equal opportunity for a good educational foundation that challenges all students and respects all individuals.
- We believe that the partnership is responsible for instilling the importance of lifelong learning in all individuals.
- We believe that all individuals can learn and be successful.
- We believe that the learning environment should be safe, cooperative, challenging, healthy, and positive.
- We believe that families should be actively involved in their children’s education.
- We believe in the value of service to others and of promoting a positive work ethic.
- We believe that it is an individual’s responsibility to be honest and respectful.
- We believe that students should graduate from our schools with the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to be responsible, productive citizens.
- We believe we should encourage our students to use their differences as strength to create a better society.
The mission of Richard Yoakley School, in partnership with students, their families and the community, is to provide an educational foundation that promotes safety, integrity, self-esteem, and lifelong learning. This foundation will help introduce healthy, productive, and responsible citizens to the community.
The vision of Richard Yoakley school is to provide a safe environment for students to master, within their individual abilities these competencies:
- Read with understanding and appreciation
- Write in a way that clearly communicates
- Use mathematical skills in real-world applications
- Understand the biological and physical world
- Understand the complexity of historical events to help gain an understanding of the political process.
- Appreciate fine and practical arts
- Participate in physical development, health, and wellness activities
- Utilize current technology to function as computer literate citizens in the global community
- Develop an appreciation and tolerance for the differences of individuals within the society in which we live.